jueves, 26 de abril de 2012

Change is good



This blog is going to suffer a few changes, but you know what? Maybe I have to start by telling you the reason for these new changes.

Everything started when my husband, Ricardo, received a new job offer, Yay! but the tricky thing was that this offer wasn't in our city or even in our country (gulp!)
I'm the kind of woman who always wants everything planned, scheduled and organized. I am always trying to minimize risks because if I don't know what is going to happen in the next few hours, days or weeks, if I don't have a general idea... i freak out! Yes, that's not one of my qualities, I know.

Because the law of Physics is never wrong: opposites attract right? So guess how the man that I am married to is? Obviously he is more spontaneous, he doesn't care if we don't have a plan for the weekend, he is happy not knowing what we are going to do in the next 8 hours.

I tell you this because maybe you need some context and the other important thing you have to know is that Ricardo has moved 14 times (4 different countries) which is twice as many times as I have. I used to live in the same country, in the same city and in the same house for about 20 years. I think i have changed my residence more since I got married. 

So, getting back to the job offer, in August, after a 2 week business trip, Ricardo packed his bag again to attend the job interview that would eventually get him the job offer. 

The first picture is the city were we used to live: Guadalajara, the second is the new city: Atlanta

Este blog esta a punto de tener algunos cambio, pero saben que? Talvez deberia comenzar por contarles el motivo de estos nuevos cambios.

Todo empezó cuando mi esposo, Ricardo, recibió una nueva oferta de trabajo, Yuppi! lo interesante era que esa nueva oferta no era precisamente en la ciudad donde viviamos, ni siquiera en el mismo país (glup!)
Yo soy el tipo de mujer que siempre quiere tener todo planeado, agendado y organizado. Siempre trato de minimizar imprevistos porque si no sé qué pasara en las proximas horas, dias o semanas, si no tengo una idea general... Me vuelvo loca!!!!! Si, ya se, no es una de mis cualidades.

Como la Física no se equivoca y la regla dice que que los polos opuestos se atraen, adivinen como es el hombre con el que estoy casada. Obviamente el es más espontáneo, no le importa si no tenemos algo organizado y estructurado para el fin de semana, el es feliz sin saber qué haremos durante las próximas 8 horas.

Les cuento todo esto porque les sirve de contexto y otra cosa más que deben saber es que Ricardo se ha mudado 14 veces en total (en 4 países diferentes), es decir el doble de veces que yo me he mudado. Yo viví en el mismo país, en las misma ciudad y en la misma casa por aproximadamente 20 años. Creo que me he mudado mas veces desde que me casé.

Pero, siguiendo con el punto de la oferta de trabajo, en Agosto, luego de un viaje de trabajo de 2 semanas, Ricardo volvió a hacer sus maletas para ir a sus entrevistas de trabajo que eventualmente, lo obtuvo. 

La primera foto es de la ciudad donde viviamos: Guadalajara, la segunda es de la nueva ciudad: Atlanta

1 comentario:

aleveRo dijo...

speaking of changes... nice new blog! saludos desde Distrito Federal